While the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) have been successful in displacing the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighter from its lair, it is now preparing for another encounter with the BIFF on its underground tactical operation.
As tension heightens between the Philippines and China over the territorial rights on the West Philippine Sea’s Spratley Islands, citizens of both countries are speculating more and more on the issue. Some considerate minds have already moved forward and have already compared the ability of each of these two countries over its military capability.
For most people, the military capability of Philippines and China is a great consideration as it affects who would be more bullying than the other. Some may already have idea but let me assure you that the conflict between China and Philippines over the Spratley Island’s Scarborough Shoal and likewise Panatag Shoal should be resolve diplomatically. This is not the time for Philippines to embark into a Military campaign against the Chinese. Here are some reasons why;
Population: China has a total population of 1.336 Billion and the Philippines have 108.2 Million. China’s population is about 12 times the size compared than the Philippines. This means when time arises that China would need more army; they will not have any issue in adding their military personnel strength.
Land Area: China has a total land area of 9,596,961 Square Kilometers while the Philippines have 300,000 Square Kilometers. This means that while the Philippines struggle to defend its land, the Chinese has ample area to conduct military training and train more soldiers while still being able to guard its soils in the frontline.
- Defense Budget: The Chinese have long gone in strengthening its army and have USD 100 Billion defense budget while the Philippines had just started its baby project of military hardware upgrade recently and has a small defense budget of USD 2.4 Million; this is a 0.002% only compared to Chinese defense budget. Maybe you know already what money can do right?
- Military Manpower: China has 749,610,775 and the Philippines have only 6% of this figure.
- Personnel Fit for Military Service: China has 618,588,627 and the Philippines have only 6.7% of this figure.
- Yearly Military Service Retirement: China yearly retirees are 2.6% of its Military Manpower whiles the Philippines yearly Military retirees reaches 4.1%; this is still not favorable to the Philippines.
- The Chinese have 2,285,000 active military personnel while the Philippines have 5.25% of the said figure. The Chinese also have 800,000 military reservists while the Philippines have 16% of the said figure.
- Basic Chinese Military Personnel salary is about 6,000 Yuan (about Pesos 40,020.54) while a Philippine Soldier receives about Pesos 18,000.00. This means it is much easy for China to recruit more Military Personnel.
- Fire Power: The Philippines has no match over China in general aspect. For easy understanding, I would just mention here what the Chinese have which the Philippines have not:
- Multi-Launch Rocket System: Chinese have 2,600 units.
- Aircraft Carrier: Chinese have 1 Unit.
- Submarines: China has 63 Units.
- Mine Warfare Craft: China has 52 Units.
Other Military Strength comparison for both countries is listed below for your sound understanding where the Philippines sit when it comes to showdown with China:
|Anti-Tank Guided Weapon||1,250||400||850|
|Merchant Marine Strength||2,012||428||1,584|
|Major Ports & Terminals||8||6||2|
|Patrol Coastal Aircraft||870||128||742|
|Amphibious Operations Craft||233||10||223|
Do you see any hope on the above statistics?
War is not just about Military Tactic or egoistic Generals; winning rests on the number game. Unless the Chinese have directly threatened the lives of Filipino people or invade the Philippine soils, it is still best to keep calm and resolve simple issues in a more responsible manner. Getting aid from a Philippine ally like the United States during escalating tensions of war may ruin lives not only of Filipinos but also may start 3rd World War. So going to war? FORGET IT THIS TIME!
Tags: 5 Air Force, Age to Enlist in Military, Air Force Jobs, Air Force Volunteer, Air Force World War ii, Air Forces, air forces Philippine military strength capability, Armed Forces, Armed Forces China, Armed Forces Enlistment, Armed Forces Life Insurance, Armed Forces of Philippines, Armed Forces of the Philippines, Armed Forces Pay, Armed Forces Search, Armed Foreces, Armed Forses, Armed Froces, Armed Service, army forces philippines army strength, Compare Military Forces, compare military special forces, Comparison of World Military Strength, Enlisted Military Soldier, Global Military Ranks, Insurance for Armed Forces, Military Enlist, Military Enlistment Retirement Age, Military Forces, military forces comparison, Military Ranks and Enlisted Military Ranks, Miltary Salary, New Air Forces 2013, Old Military Ranks, Ph Air Force, Philippine defense force military strength, Philippine military armed forces, Philippine Military Capabilities, Philippine Military Hardware Strength 2013, Philippine Military News, Philippine Military Power, Philippine Military Today, Philippine Military Update, Philppine China Firepower 2013, Reservist Volunteer Armed Forces, Special Armed Services, Special Forces in the Military, World Military Strength Comparison, World Military Strength Ranking, World War II Air Force
Everything mentioned above are all important. So we advise you not to miss anything. Have a balanced and healthy meal. Practice right number or hours for sleeping and waking up. Train your body on certain good habits and it will turn you physically fit.
The Philippine Coast Guard has been keeping their patrol unit always on the go. While it is true that the administration of President Aquino is so serious in a major…….
During the past days, we have been receiving a lot of queries regarding submission of application form for the PMA. Most are asking how to apply for Philippine Military Academy…….
The Philippine Marines – one of the respected brigades of the Armed Forces of the Philippines. They are regarded as one of the noblest Battalion among many in the Philippine…….