The best way to join the Armed Forces is to become an Officer. Below are the qualifications for enrolling into the Philippine Military Academy:
- Natural Born Filipino Citizen.
- Physically fit and of good moral character.
- Single and has never been married.
- Must pass the PMA Entrance Examination.
- No Administrative / Criminal Case.
- At least High School Graduate or must graduate not later than June of the year following the date of examination taken for Grade 12 students.
- Height Requirement for both Male and Female is 5 feet (not to exceed 6’4″ for both).
- At least 17 years old but not a day older than a 22 years on 01 June of the year following the date of examination taken.Note: Applicants younger than 17 years old but or and atleast 16 years old on 01 June following the date examination may apply for cadetship provided that the applicant possesses the above mentioned qualifications. Should the applicant pass the qualifying exam, the procedure in handling the underage aplicants will apply.
Minimum Requirements for Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
|Pull ups (M) / Flex-arm Hang (F)|
There are certain conditions that has to be met so you can be successful into getting inside the PMA. This is to ensure that you shall be able to stand the physical stress while undergoing training inside the academy. This said, you should not have any of the following medical conditions if you are to get into the academy:
2. Any Communicable Disease
3. Physical Deformities
6. Other Medical Conditions as determined by AFP Medical Board Nr 1